The Eyes Have It

I just had my pre-cataract-surgery exam today. I think they dialated my eyes twice. I had left my sun glasses in the car, so when I came out into the bright S. Florida sun, I almost went blind. I finally understood what the blind man in scripture meant when he said, "I see men as trees walking." The scarey thing about this is...I had to drive home on US 27. Not a fun thing to do.
Once I felt my way home, I couldn't read, watch TV or anything much for at least another couple of hours. And all of this BEFORE the surgery. They also told me that my glasses prescription could not be changed until a couple of weeks after the second surgery. I'm wondering if I need to get a white cane with a red tip, or borrow a seeing eye dog for a few weeks. At the very least, we're about to become that couple that you see with Mama driving and Papa in the passenger seat, at least for a couple of weeks.
This is the second sign of Old Age that I've had to deal with. The first was getting up at least 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom. Actually, there are a couple more; aching knee and hand joints, and the inability to keep up with my grandkids at a theme park.
All of this makes me appreciate Moses even more. In Deuteronomy 34:7 we find "Moses was 120 years old when he died. His eye was undimmed, and his vigor unabated." I want to know what kind of vitamins or supplements he took.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?