2010: So What?

Here I was feeling like a slacker because I had not updated my blog in several weeks. Then I checked on some blogs that I follow and found that I had a lot of company. It seems that in the hustle and bustle of the holidays, going all the way back to Thanksgiving, many people got caught up in the day to day "stuff" and blogging took a back seat. I feel better.
That being said, I want to address a few random thoughts that are buzzing around in my head, in no particular order.
  • Football coaches are far too serious for their own good. If they approached life like Bobby Bowden and Joe Paterno, they would live longer and enjoy life more.
  • The Purpose for Christmas is lost in the frenzy of gift-buying-giving-receiving.
  • The best ideas for New Year's resolutions are found in Philippians 2:1-11.
  • If I'm still alive then there is more for me to do be and become.
  • To paraphrase the Apostle Paul in Philippians 3:13 "But learning from what lies behind..."
  • Prov. 21:1 "The king's (president's) heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He will."
  • The Great Commission will never be accomplished until the Great Commandment is learned and applied in the church.
There! I feel better. May 2010 be the best year yet as God continues to "conform us to the image of His Son" Romans 8:29.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Bro. B. I enjoyed reading through them. I have been very touched by something that Robyn Blaikie (Collins) posted on her FB a while back. She said that one of her cousins helped out less fortunate people during the Christmas season as a gift to her family. Instead of exchanging gifts, the family sat around and shared their stories of helping others. It sounds like a wonderful idea that I am going to try and remember to do next year! Maybe that will help keep the focus on serving Christ, where it should be!!

Ann Jackson

Popular posts from this blog

To Whom Should We Pray?

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

Christ is Risen; Now What?