National Signing Day for Believers?
Wouldn't it be great if churches went after non-believers with the same intensity that colleges pursue football recruits? Here's how I see it happening;
- A church identifies and locates the non-believers in their area.
- Each non-believer is assigned a Believing church member to connect with them, woo them and seek to get them to commit to Jesus.
- The entire coaching staff (church leaders) make connecting with the non-believer their priority. They make phone calls, write letters, make home visits, tweet, write on FaceBook pages, etc.
- The "fans" (church members) are encouraged to focus their prayers on the non-believers on the list.
- When the non-believer visits the church campus, they are assigned a church member to show them around, introduce them to other members and make them feel a part of the "family"