The Challenge of Intercession

Today I'm faced with the challenge of interceding for family members many miles away.  There is a combined sense of helplessness and empowerment as I take these loved ones and their needs to the Lord.
The sense of helplessness comes from being so very far away and unable to touch them or to physically comfort them in any way.  However, that sense of helplessness puts me in a perfect position to intercede.  Since there is nothing I can personally do to alleviate their pain or help with their problem, I MUST rely on God to intervene in response to my prayers.  I remember hearing Ronn Dunn say that "intercession is like an ICBM launched from a pad no larger than your knees.  It travels at the speed of thought to any target on earth; scores a perfect bulls-eye, and there is no defense against it."
I'm encouraged that I can pray for my loved ones and their specific needs, and have an IMMEDIATE impact on their situation even though I'm not there physically.
I'm also empowered by the promises of Jesus in John 14:13-14 "Whatever you ask in My name, I will do it so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." Also the words of Asaph in Ps. 50:15 "Call on Me in a day of trouble; I will rescue you, and you will honor Me."
I'm finding that the more helpless I am, the more urgent my prayers.  The more urgent my prayers, the greater demand there is for faith.  The greater the demand for faith, the stronger the desire for God's intervention by the Holy Spirit's interceding for me.
Today as I pray for my loved ones, I'm relying on Mark 11:24
"Therefore, I tell you, all the things you pray and ask for (present tense)---believe that you have received them (past tense) and you will have them."(future tense)
I believe that my daughter is healed from her traumatic surgery.  I believe that my granddaughter is delivered from her asthma attacks, and I believe that my grandson receives justice from unjust accusations and deliverance from bullying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?