Having the Right Connections

This has been a frustrating morning.  For some reason I could not access the internet via our wireless router at the office.  I'm not at our condo, and was able to get on line here.  I spent part of the morning on the phone with a tech, and part of it fuming as I tried different things with my computer, the modem, and the router.  All of this has made me very aware of, and uncomfortable about, the reliance I have on "being connected".  I have a smart phone, a desk-top and lap-top computer, and a tablet.  I'm constantly looking for the latest and greatest devices.  I have wireless internet capability at both my home in Sebring and my condo in Lake Placid.  I spend an inordinate amount of time on line either surfing, reading or studying for sermons or Bible Studies, playing games, or involved with social media.  Currently our home group is dependent upon my internet connection for video-driven studies.  Yet, when I look at the productivity of my ministry with all these toys, it pales in comparison to the early apostles, and the NT believers. 
How did they reach so many people with the gospel without all the technology we have today?  The answer, of course, is the Holy Spirit.  They were totally reliant on His empowerment as they studied, prayed and ministered.  The outcome was then a reflection of His power, and not their "toys".  I'm convicted that with the Holy Spirit AND the technology, I should be even more productive, not less. 
The bottom line is, rather than checking the connection of the ether-net cable, or the router, or modem, I should be checking my connection with the Holy Spirit.  The good thing is, I don't have to consult tech support.  I just have to be free from all known sin and ask for an receive by faith the fullness of the Holy Spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Whom Should We Pray?

Christ is Risen; Now What?

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com