A Review of "Questions of Life" by Nicky Gumbel

I've just finished the book "Questions of Life" by Nicky Gumbel.  This is a book I wish I had read years ago and had placed in the hands of many young Christians.  Addressing fifteen questions that people ask about the Christian life such as "Who is Jesus?", "Why Did He Die", "How Can I Have Faith?" "Who is the Holy Spirit?" and "How Can I Make the Most of the Rest of My Life?", Gumbel uses a wonderful mix of anecdotal material from his own experience and that of others and down to earth application of scripture to create a fascinating and informational book.  I found myself wielding my highlighter on almost every page.  One of my favorite highlighted sentences is "Some people have only got the pilot light of the Holy Spirit in their lives whereas when people are filled with the Holy Spirit, they begin to fire on all cylinders."
Born out of the Alpha discipleship course, this book captures the core truths that some 14 million people have encountered through the Alpha course.
Gumbel, who was a trail blazer of the Alpha Course, has a varied background springing from his study of law at Cambridge and theology at Oxford.  After practicing law for several years, he was called into the ministry and now is senior pastor of Holy Trinity Brompton Church in London.
Do yourself a favor.  Get this book, devour it and keep it handy as a reference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Whom Should We Pray?

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

Family