Aloha, Mahalo

I'm still somewhat jet-lagged from my first trip to Hawaii.  Only took me 74+ years to get there. The flight was not quite that long, but it seemed like it.  In addition to jet-lag, I've had to deal with swollen ankles and feet from the long flights.  I don't remember that happening when I was younger.  Must be one of the add-ons that comes with age. (Ugh!)
Our trip was a gift from our daughter and son-in-law for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Anniversary and birthday. (not sure about Christmas yet)  It was truly a once in a lifetime experience.  The marvelous views that we devoured with our eyes each day, the gracious people we met, the experience of golfing amid gorgeous scenery, the visit to the Polynesian Culture Center, the Luau, and most vivid in my memory, the trip to Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona memorial all made for an unforgetable page in my memory bank.
We heard "Aloha" many times during our 9 day stay.  I understand that it is a universal greeting that means, "hello", "good bye" and "may you be in good health".  We also heard "Mahalo", the Hawaiian word for "thank you".  I like those words.  If it didn't sound "hokey", I'd use them all the time here on the mainland.

Thanks to our daughter and son-in-law for this wonderful trip, and to our church family for allowing us to be away, and our many friends who prayed for us as we travelled.  
Aloha...and Mahalo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?