Lessons From the Eagle

In my office I have a wall hanging depicting an eagle in flight with the words of Is. 40:30-31 under the image of the eagle.  "Youths may faint and grow weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint." I also have some eagle head book ends.  These things remind me of the majesty of the eagle, and also remind me of an acrostic that God gave me years ago and I shared with the youth in my group at the time.

E=Embrace each day. "This is the day the Lord has made..." Ps.118:24
A=Ask for whatever you need. "Give us today our daily bread..." Matt. 6:11
G=God should always be the center of your life, family, friendships etc. Deut. 6:4-5
L=Love as Jesus loves you. John 13:34-35
E=Encourage someone today. Hebrews 10:24-25

I could have written out the scriptures, but I really want you to take the time to look them up and read them.  I encourage you also to put this little acrostic on a 3X5 card and carry it in your pocket or purse so that you can refer to it daily.  As you do, you will begin to experience the renewed strength which Isaiah mentioned.  Don't flap around with the turkeys when you can soar with the eagles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?