Intercessors need to step up.

One of the saddest verses of scripture I know is Ezekiel 22:30 "I searched for a man among them who would repair the wall and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land so that I might not destroy it, but I found none."  I fear that might be the case in America today.  Most prayer meetings I attend are focused on personal and health issues.  Very few prayers are offered for the unsaved, the leaders of our country, or the need for revival.  We love to quote 2 Chronicles 7:14, but I fear that we don't really apply it.  Some of the key phrases in that passage are "humble themselves"; "seek My face" and "turn from their evil ways.".  Easy to say but hard to do.
In the old days people would talk about "being on praying ground".  That means that sins are confessed and forgiven and a person is in a position to approach the Father in prayer.  We desperately need some folks who are on "praying ground" to stand in the gap for America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?