What I'm Looking for in a President

I don't generally comment on political issues, however, with the plethora of potential candidates this year I want to share what i'm looking for in a president. First I want a person of character. By that I mean someone who has some guiding principles by which they live and do not waver with every wind that blows. I also want a person who is at least a little Biblically literate. This is someone who regularly reads and has a grasp on the message of scripture. I want a person who has a relationship with God through Jesus. Such a person has the benefit of the Holy Spirit's guidance and power. I want a person who honors the biblical teaching regarding marriage. I want a person who knows that life begins at conception and abhors killing babies in the womb. I want a person who knows and adheres to the constitution. I want a person who recognizes the balance of power that originally led us to become a great nation and doesn't the presidency to be a license to do as they please. I'm sure that there are other important characteristics that I have overlooked, but these sum up what I'm looking for in a president. My prayer is that you will take some time to prayerfully consider who you will support in the coming election.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?