Knowing Where You Are is Necessary to get to Where You are Going.

I'm sure that most of you have been in a shopping mall and looked at a Mall Directory.  There will always be a little symbol with the words "You are here" to help you locate where in the Mall you are.  From there you can plot your course to a particular store.  It is too bad that many people have no idea of where we are in our country these days.  Some think that we are in good shape so far as jobs and personal finances are concerned.  Others feel exactly the opposite.  Some are absolutely sure that if only the right party or the right person gets in office that we will be fine.  The time has come for us to locate where we are so that we can navigate to where we want to be.
The reality is that we are alienated from God.  When I say "we" I'm talking about our country, the United States of America.  We daily violate the laws of God and have even enacted federal laws to insure that we continue to violate God's Law.  ("Thous shalt not kill" vs. Roe v Wade)  We have ignored the plan of God and created our own plan in direct opposition to His. ("God created them, male and female" vs transgenderism...choose your own sex)  I could go on, but you get the idea.  Where we are is in direct opposition to the God who "brought us into the world and and take us out" with just a thought.  Once we realize and admit where we are we can find God's GPS settings for getting us where we need and want to be.  His directions are given to those who are "called by My Name".  In 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 He made a promise to Solomon that is still good today.  He said, "If I close the sky so there is no rain, or if I command the grasshopper to consume the land, or if I send pestilence on My people, and My people who are called by My Name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.."  It seems that as I read the paper, watch TV news and read blogs from all over the world, we are having unprecedented "natural disasters".  Also diseases that we thought we had conquered are coming back with a vengeance plus new "superbugs" are appearing which seem to be immune to any of our powerful antibiotics.  It appears that God is causing some things to get our attention.  Perhaps the time has come for those who call themselves the people of God realize that unless their GBS is set on God's settings, they will be irretrievably lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

To Whom Should We Pray?

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com