Happy New Year

I know that this is the time of year that many will be making "resolutions" that they will break by the first of February.  Not being cruel, just being honest.  Rather than making resolutions this year, I am making plans.  First on my "plan" list is to read through the book of Leviticus during my morning devotions.  That may sound like a strange book to use for devotions, but I'm reminded that Paul said in 2 Tim. 3:16-17 "All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."  Let me hasten to say, that is not all I'm reading, but it is an addition to my on-going devotions.  Also I'm going back to a plan I have used before by dividing my devotions into two parts using the Hebrew idea that a day begins in the evening. (Gen. 1:5, 8, 13. etc.)  That way my day is "bookended" by time spent with God.
The second thing on my "Plan List" is to put together a reading list of books I want to begin the year reading.  Some of these I've read before, but feel the need to revisit.  I've only begun this list and will be adding to it as the year progresses.
  • Shed Your Chaos by Glenn C. Stewart
  • The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus
  • Life's Healing Choices by John Baker
  • The Maker's Diet by Jordan S. Rubin
  • Let Food be You Medicine by Dr. Don Colbert
That's about it.  These are things that I know I can do.  Also this is open-ended so that I can add to it as the year progresses.  My advice to you is that you don't make an unrealistic list of things that you're almost sure to abandon.  Instead, ask God to guide you as to one or two things that He wants you to build into your life in 2018.  Make this your "Year of Faith" based on Eph. 3:20.  (I would write it out for you, but it will be better if you look it up and highlight it in your Bible.)

Yours for the best year of your life.
Pastor Bill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?