Christian receives $21 million after 39 years in prison - bcole39@gmail.com - Gmail

Christian receives $21 million after 39 years in prison - bcole39@gmail.com - Gmail

<

Today it seemed that every scripture I read during my devotional time on YouVersion had to do with waiting.  Then when I got to the office I read this story about an innocent man who waited 39 years for his freedom.  I think I'm seeing a pattern here.

I am 80 years of age.  I've been in ministry 61 of those years.  During my entire time in ministry I have had the nagging feeling that God wants to do something in and through my life that can only be explained as His doing.  For the past 7 1/2 years I have been pastor of Faith Baptist Church in Lake Placid, FL.  We have only baptized 13 people during that time & several of those are not currently walking with the LORD.  If I allow myself, I could get so "down" about this lack of productivity that I would entertain the idea of quitting.  Then I remember...

Abraham waited 25 years for a son that God had promised;

Moses waited 40 years for his assignment from God;

Caleb waited 45 years for the part of the Promised Land that Moses had allotted to him.

One of my favorite scriptures is Isaiah 40:30-31 "Youths may become faint and weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who trust in (wait upon) the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not become weary, they will walk and not faint."

So...I am waiting expectantly for God's assignment, His strength, and His miraculous intervention in my life and ministry.  As I wait I am actively pressing on with the daily ministry that God puts before me.  I've learned that waiting is not idling.  Just as the man in the article cited today led Bible Studies and earned degrees while he waited for his freedom, we need to be busy while we wait.

What are you waiting for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Whom Should We Pray?

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

Family