Don't Forget Who Is In Charge

The Corona virus pandemic has caused a lot of fear. This should not be the case for the Christ follower.  Ps. 139:16 assures us that "Your eyes saw me when I was inside the womb.  All the days ordained for me were recorded in your scroll before one of them came into existence."  That underlined sentence should set your mind at ease if you are a believer.  You are not going to die one day, one hour or one minute earlier than God has planned for you.  Often when I'm praying for someone who has lived a long life and has seemingly reached a point where they can no longer function, God reminds me that either there is something He yet wants to do IN them or THROUGH them before he takes them home.
The only instance of God adding time to a person's life that I can recall from scripture is in Hezekiah's life.  In 2 Kings 20 we find that Hezekiah became terminally ill.  God sent the prophet Isaiah to tell him that he should set his house in order because he was about to die.  As soon as Isaiah left his presence Hezekiah
"turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, 'Please LORD, remember how I have walked with you faithfully and wholeheartedly and have done what pleases you.' And Hezekiah wept bitterly.  Isaiah had not yet gone out of the inner courtyard when the word of the LORD came to him: 'Go back and tell Hezekiah, the leader of my people, 'This is what the LORD God of your ancestor David says: I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears.  Look, I will heal you.  On the third day from now you will go up to the LORD's temple.  I will add fifteen years to your life.'"
Be assured that you will not die until God is finished with what he wants to do either IN you or THROUGH you.  So "keep on trucking for the LORD" and do what he puts before you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?