Don't Lose Your Voice

When I was in college I was a Voice Major in the Church Music department.  One of the worst things that can happen to a Voice Major is to lose their voice.  We learned to gargle warm salt water, drink certain teas and other methods of keeping our voices clear.  As a pastor, my voice is my primary tool.  Regardless of how much I have studied and prepared, if my voice doesn't work the message does not get out.
Today I exercised my right to vote in the primary election for my county and state.  That was my "voice".  I may never get to address the President, Governor, or state or national congresses in person, but I can express my desires through my vote.  Even though my candidates may not win, my voice has been heard.  You've heard the old expression "Use it or lose it" I'm sure.  That certainly applies in this case.  Whatever you do, don't lose your voice by neglecting to vote.
Another way your "voice" is expressed is through your prayers for those in authority.  Paul reminds the Bible reader in 1 Timothy 2:1-4 "First of all then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone, for kings and all those who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.  This is good, and it pleases God our Savior who wants everyone to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."  Don't lose your voice by neglecting to pray for those in authority.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?