Lingering Endings...Yuck!!!

Have you ever given thought to the best way to die? Well I have. Personally, I like the way Moses went out; Deuteronomy 34:7 "Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died. His eyes were not dim nor his natural vigor diminished." Now that's the way to go!!! What I probably dread most is a lingering death due to illness. As a matter of fact, I pray regularly for my dad (who is almost 96). He loves to walk at the track at Sports First, and work out on the machines. I would not want to see him unable to do that, so I ask God that when it is time, He will just take Dad in his sleep.
Well, enough about death; that's not what this is about. In the continuing saga of the end of my ministry at FBC Sebring, I'm dealing with what I call a "lingering ending". I want to say, "Let's just get this over with already." Although this "process" has only been less than two weeks, it seems like an eternity. From the hour that I was told my position was being eliminated, it seemed that time has slowed excruciatingly. Just about the time that I think I've got this behind me, I'm faced with the fact that there is one more Sunday to re-visit the "scene of the incident", see the people I'm struggling to love, and face the reality that I'm not really the gracious person I'd like to be. So, pray for me. Pray that the smile will be genuine, that the love will be unconditional, and that I'll be perfectly content to leave the results to God. (I've noticed in scripture, that He does a MUCH better job of it anyhow.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?