The Gift of TODAY
TODAY is a gift. You were never promised TODAY. You've done nothing to earn TODAY. Yet you have it. Watching my twin granddaughters open birthday presents last week reminded me that I get gifts all the time that I never really thought of as gifts. Seeing their delight with each gift they opened, reminded me that I have the choice of "delighting myself in the Lord" everyday that He sees fit to give me. So, just how does one "delight" themselves in the Lord? Well it may be a bit different for everyone, but here are some ideas for starters.
- Greet the day with a positive attitude.
- Start your day in God's Word. Let Him speak to you early today.
- Choose to look on the positive side of every event or encounter today.
- Embrace the joys of breathing, smelling, tasting, and experiencing today.
- Look at circumstances as opportunities.
- Expect the best from everyone you encounter