Random Thoughts

It seems that my blog posts are becoming farther and farther apart. The reason is that I don't see the need for just putting words on a screen. If I don't have anything to say that I deem worthwhile, I just keep my fingers from the keyboard and my thoughts to myself. Come to think of it, that would be a good bit of advice for the many politicians running for office right now. In the absence of any real substance to their platform, most are relying on smear ads aimed at their opponents.
Many of those running in Florida are so closely matched in their questionable backgrounds, that the choices have dwindled down to the least crooked, inept, or dishonest. Poor commentary on our times isn't it?
The one thing that I find comforting is that God is still on His throne. His position isn't open for election. His plans for America will work out regardless of who is in what office. While I don't know His plans for America, I do know His plan for me and for all believers. I found if in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" (this is the Lord's declaration) "plans for your welfare,not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
That is the promise I am clinging to in the midst of the doom and gloom political prophesies that spew from our media constantly. Just as many of you, I've read the last page...we win!!!

Comments

mlkirk said…
Amen and Amen! It's nice to be assured of the final outcome.

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

To Whom Should We Pray?

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com