Sunday Decompression

Once again I have preached the messages God has led me to prepare to the people God has called me to pastor.  Once again there has been no response.  Once again I'm feeling depleted, wiped out, empty and useless.  It has happened week after week for over a year now.  I keep wondering when or if God is going to show Himself in our services or among our members and stir us to new life.
Some pastors may relish being in a church that is warm, friendly, out of debt, and with little or no problems.  I'd rather be in a church that is vital, alive, living on the edge, taking chances for God and trusting Him to provide what we don't have but need to complete the assignment He has given us.
I get into this melancholy mood every Sunday night.  Sometimes by Monday morning I'm over it.  I keep hoping that one Monday I'll see clearly how to get in step with God and how to lead my church to join me in bringing God's kingdom here on earth in Lake Placid.  I truly believe this is possible.  I truly believe that a small, Sr. Adult church in Lake Placid, FL can be used of God to bring revival and renewal to our town, state, nation and world.  Who knows, tomorrow may be the day it all comes together.  This I pray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Whom Should We Pray?

Christ is Risen; Now What?

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com