The Art of the Follower; Dag Heward-Mills (a review)

Although written with a decidedly Pentecostal slant, this book has useful information to any Christ-follower.  Based on the truth that Jesus called people to "follow Me", and Paul's admonition "Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1) Heward-Mills encourages believers to follow the example of some of faith's Old Testament heroes.  He points out both the positives from their lives to be emulated and the negatives to be avoided.
I did find that I had to somewhat "cherry-pick" parts of the book that were helpful to me.  At times it almost seems like a Tony Robbins self-help book.  Of the three divisions of the book; 
1.  Following is Eternally Significant 
2.  Following God's Champions
3.  Following Begins at Home 
I found the 2nd segment to be the most helpful and enlightening.
This book was provided to me by The B & B Media Group in return for my review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?