God is on the Job

In the midst of all the terror that is visiting our cities and streets today it is easy for one to decide that God has abandoned us.  The truth is that He is desperately trying to get our attention.  I think we are in that period that Peter spoke of in his second epistle 3:9 "The Lord does not delay His promise as some understand delay, but is PATIENT with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance."  God's patience is being extended to us and He is allowing events to happen that pushes us toward repentance.  One of the most memorized and quoted verses in the OT is 2 Chronicles 7:14 "and if My people who are called by My Name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin and heal their land."  Notice that the verse begins with a lowercase letter which indicates that it is the continuation of the previous verse which is almost always left out when this passage is preached or taught.  Verse 13 records God speaking and He says, "If I close the sky so there is no rain, or I command the grasshoppers to consume the land, or if I send pestilence on My people..."  Did you notice that it is God who causes or allows disaster to fall on His people?  He does this to urge them and push them toward repentance.
I firmly believe that we are experiencing that very thing in America right now.  God is allowing terror in our streets in order to get our attention.  American Christians, it is time to hit our knees in repentance before Almighty God.  We must cry out for His mercy while repenting of the corporate sins of our country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Whom Should We Pray?

Christ is Risen; Now What?

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com