Ahhh Monday!

Monday mornings are probably not the best time for a pastor to update his blog...at least not this pastor.  However, I feel the need to have a "mind-dump" so that I can get on with my day and week.
Yesterday was somewhat of a nightmare.  To begin with, at the opening assembly of Sunday School (yes, we still do that) our church organist fell and broke her shoulder.  Then, for whatever reason, our attendance at both Sunday School (we still have that too) and worship was down significantly from last week.  Then, just before the evening service (need I say, we still have that as well?) I got a call from a member whose wife had bent over and hit a wire in the corner of her eye.  Thankfully she is OK and the scratch on the eye should heal soon.
Now I am faced with a busy Christmas season without our best accompanist.  Who knows how long she will be out recovering, or if she will be able to continue as organist and choir accompanist.  This is not a good time of the year to be searching for a new accompanist.  However, we've been searching for a choir and worship leader for over 5 years with not success.
There!  I've emptied my brain from all my frustrations.  Now going on to more positive things.  Christ is born!  Jesus lived, died on a cross for our sins, was buried, rose again and ascended to the Father.  Whats more, He is coming again, bringing with Him all who have died in Christ and coming to get those who love Him who are still alive.  Praise His Holy Name! and "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, peace to men of good will.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Whom Should We Pray?

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

Christ is Risen; Now What?