Redeeming the Time

In Paul's writings on a couple of occasions he reminds us to "redeem the time because the days are evil." I'm practicing that right now. Not that I have come up on "evil days", but I have a situation that is out of my control. I can either fret or choose to redeem the time. I should have been back in Florida a week ago last Saturday (Jan. 10). Instead, due to a major melt-down of our van, I'm cooling my heels (literally...it's been cold in AL) for the past 9 days. We have passed two promised deadlines for the repair, and are coming up on the third tomorrow. Each repair seems to reveal something else that is amiss.
Anyhow, I have chosen to use the time to read, pray, and work on some books that I am writing. In the meantime, I'm meeting new people almost everyday, and being reminded of life in a REALLY small town. My wife went to Dollar General Store the other day. When she mentioned that to a resident, their remark was, "Oh, you've visited our mall."
I'm trying to "
not be anxious about anything, but pray about everything. With thanksgiving make your requests to the Lord". I'm finding that to be a bit harder than anticipated, and yet very rewarding.
Paul knew whereof he spoke. From his prison cell, this type A personality wrote most of the epistles to the churches that we have in our New Testament. I'm no Paul, but I am learning to redeem the time...but I do hope my van is ready tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

To Whom Should We Pray?

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com