Longing for the Jesus-life

This past week in my daily Bible reading I came across John 14:12 where Jesus said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in Me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father." Every time I read that, I ache for it to be true in my life. The word, "believe" is the same here as in John 3:16. Therefore, if I "believe" enough to be granted eternal life, I should also be doing the works of Jesus. I'm really tired of living beneath the privilege of a child of God and spiritual younger brother of Jesus. According to Romans 8:29, God intends to conform me to the image of Jesus. I know that the speed with which this happens depends on my obedience. God doesn't just arbitrarily mature some folks faster than others. I take far too many "Jonah side-trips" instead of obeying immediately.
I long to be in a church that believes and acts upon the Word of God. I know that it is God's will for this to happen in every church. I can only surmise that we are doing our own thing(s) far more than we are following the clear direction of God through His Word. I see far more interest in marketing techniques that I do in sold out following of God's Word.
I'm sure there are many others who are longing for the "Jesus-life" of John 14:12. Oh that we would get serious about being faithful, available and teachable so that God would be pleased to pour out His Spirit on us and through us to a world that is heading to hell like a run away semi down an icy slope in the mountains.
Oh, God! Please make John 14:12 true in my life...starting right now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?