Monday Morning Musings

As is the case with many, if not most, pastors, Mondays start off sluggishly.  Usually we are spent from the rigors of preaching, and are either elated or dejected depending upon the response of the people.  There is the immediate need to evaluate the services from the previous day and begin planning for next weekend.  Even if we are in a preaching series, there are always "tweaks" that need to be made, editing, blurbs for the bulletin or newspaper, etc.
One thing I'm trying to implement in my walk with Jesus is His practice of going to the Father each day for marching orders.  I love the passage in Mark 1 where, in the midst of a revival meeting which went well into the night, Jesus went out to a quiet place "while it was still dark" and spent time with His Father.  When the disciples came seeking Him because the crowd was back, He said, "Let's go to the neighboring villages so that I may preach there too."  Not many preachers would walk away from a successful meeting to go somewhere else.  Evidently those were the "marching orders" the Father had given for the day.
I'm slowing making part of my morning prayer the seeking of God's direction for the day.  I look at my "to-do" list, lift it to the Father and wait for Him to edit it according to His plan for my life.  Invariably there are changes to be made. I don't always like the changes, but I always know that they are best.
I challenge you to start your day with a prayer something like this, "Lord, here are the things on my to-do list for today.  Is there anything You want me to change, delete or add?"  I think you'll find more excitement and exhilaration as you face the day knowing what God wants to do through you.
Be blessed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

To Whom Should We Pray?

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com