Our Time to Shine!

Every day the headlines scream about the economic disaster that is upon us. Gloom and doom is heard on the one hand and pipe dreams on the other as this political football keeps being kicked back and forth. Lost in the morass of words and prophecies is the fact that Christians have an opportunity to really shine in days like these. I know, we are all going to feel the pinch. I'm recently retired, and every report from my annuity shows my nest egg to be shrinking at an alarming rate. The good thing is that I'm not dependant on my annuity, I'm dependant on God.
As believers, we are in a marvelous position. 2 Chronicles 16:9 tells us that "The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." Wow! What a statement. My job is to have a heart that is loyal to God. His promise is to show Himself strong on my behalf. What better spot could anyone be in given the current situation in our world and especially in America. Having a loyal heart means first, believing what He says in His Word, the Bible. Second it means acting upon that belief by obeying what He commands. Another promise that empowers me to to fulfill my part in the bargain is found in Philippians 2:13 "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Not only does He reward me for belief and obedience, He ever enables me to want to and to "do" what He wants.
So..."This little light of mine...I'm gonna let it shine!" Won't you join me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man's Way vs God's Way

Waiting for Christmas sermon, Waiting for Christmas sermon by Brian Bill, Luke, Luke - SermonCentral.com

To Whom Should We Pray?